Concluding 6 Things to Look for in a Workers’ Compensation Lawyer, below are some final factors to remember when you are searching for the best workers’ compensation attorney to advocate your rights and help you get the benefits you deserve.
5. A Record of Success with Workers’ Compensation Cases – When you are confident that a particular lawyer has the experience, good standing and good client relationships you can trust, it will then be important to ask about that attorney’s record of success. To this end, you can call the attorney directly or even meet with him or her for an initial consultation and ask about his success rate. Some questions you may want to specifically ask can include:
- How often are you able to obtain benefits for your clients?
- What are your strategies for challenging denied cases?
- When you have not been able to obtain benefits for clients, what are the reasons for this?
Ultimately, you want to hire a workers’ compensation lawyer who has a record of success when it comes to handling cases like yours. If the attorney doesn’t have such a record, consider this to be a red flag, as it usually means that a lawyer doesn’t have the experience or skills necessary to help injured workers obtain the benefits they deserve.
6. A Trustworthy Personality – The final criteria you need to look for as you screen potential attorneys to represent you and your rights is how comfortable you feel with a specific lawyer and whether or not you feel that you can trust that individual. When you hire a lawyer to help you get workers’ compensation benefits, you need to be able to rest assured that the attorney you have chosen will be an aggressive advocate for your rights and that he will communicate with you honestly about the progress of your case (and your best options at any given point in your case).
If you get a bad feeling from a particular lawyer when you meet with him and/or you simply don’t feel comfortable with a specific attorney, move on and look for another workers’ compensation lawyer with whom you are comfortable.
Colorado Workers’ Compensation Lawyers at the Law Office of Michael P. Dominick
If you have sustained a workplace injury and are considering (or in the process of) filing a workers’ compensation claim, you cannot rely upon your employer or insurance companies to look out for your best interests. In fact, both your employer and insurance companies will be more focused on their own bottom lines instead of your current and future wellbeing. This can make the system adversarial for injured workers and potentially even put them in situations in which their legitimate workers’ compensation claims are undercut or even flat-out denied.
In such cases, it’s essential that injured workers contact the Colorado workers’ compensation lawyers at the Law Office of Michael P. Dominick. Our legal professionals are experienced at going up against corporate lawyers and insurance companies, and we have a proven track record of success when it comes to securing our Clients the maximum possible compensation for their injuries and financial losses. For a thorough evaluation of your case, along with expert advice on the best manner in which to move forward, call us at (303) 447-2644.